Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

Reg, I believe that some of this kind of problem emanates from the way
that Paradox has chosen to operate as a company. The vast majority of
their sales are in Europe and beyond, and there the distributors are
forced by design to do the product technical support, the sales
support and everything else of a general support nature. The
distributor is the only salesman for their product line.

If you look at the way Paradox operates now in Canada, they have let
go all of their salesmen, with the intent to operate here as they do
in Europe. So the good and bad feedback that the company used to get
on end user problems from dealers like us is no longer fed back to the
company through the sales force. So their Product Managers and Product
Developers (likely one and the same in a company their size) end up
operating in a vacuum when it comes to these sorts of issues,
resulting in design decisions that are not well researched. This
doesn't justify such a major mistake, but it might go a ways to
understanding  how it could happen.

Paradox is usually very prompt in returning emails from dealers. I
notice they haven't responded yet to my email outlining my concerns.
Perhaps it's because they don't know how to answer those
concerns......

RHC