Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

> The wit is returning? Seems like your feeling
> much better. That is good news...

For sure.  I've been doing great for a while now.
I had one rough spot in February but ever since
it's been good.

FWIW, the wit never left.  As I was being wheeled
into the surgical unit with all kinds of wires hooked
up to me and a huge catheter in my carotid artery
I noticed the sign saying "Thoracic Surgery" and I
couldn't resist.  In my best imitation of Richard
Attenborough I said "Welcome... to Thoracic Park!"
:^)

I've kept my sense of humor through the whole
thing, cracking jokes with the nurses and doctors
and trying not to take myself too seriously.  At
times laughter was the alternative to tears.

> Sometimes I wish Jim would lighten up on the
> death imagery...

He's under the misapprehension that it bothers
me.  Maybe if I actually thought I was going to die
I'd be upset with his nonsense.  I don't and I'm
not.  I fully expect to live many more years.  My
oncologist says there's no sign of any remaining
cancer.  It could come back but I could also get
creamed by a bus.  Either way, I'm enjoying life
and, as someone put it here (was that you?),
living every day.  Jiminex, meanwhile, sits in his
hovel bitching, cursing and raging against people
thousands of miles away.  So who is more alive?

> A friend of mine put his wife in an urn a couple
> of weeks ago. Diabetes is a slow miserable
> way to go. She was only in her mid forties...

That's really sad.  It's especially difficult when
someone so young is lost.  I wasn't aware that
Diabetes hits Mexican Indians more than others.
I did a quick search and you're right.  An NIH
site says they're almost twice as likely to get the
disease as whites. :(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass