Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

Robert Bass said:...it makes no differnce what Reg, you
or I think.  It makes a *lot* of difference what
your customers think.

A customers experience and what they ultimately think of our service
will be hugely impacted by how well we support what we install.  When
a manufacturer makes a change that will negatively impact how well we
are able to support our customer, then it most certainly does matter
what we think!  Our customers trust our expertise and rely on us to
select reliable, easy-to-use systems.  For nearly twenty years that
has meant choosing panels that have a certain consistency in arming
and disarming routines which results in a consistency of support which
results in happy customers.

Evidently more than just RC and I feel strongly about this.  Just
today I've received confirmation that Paradox has changed their mind
and will continue producing the Spectra 1738 until a large percentage
of their dealers have migrated to the new SG series.  Hopefully by
then they'll have implemented a programming option in the new series
that allows arming or disarming with only the 4-digit code!