Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1NGdneI3s73Ki8LYnZ2dnUVZ_r6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Come on Roland!   He wasn't undergoing anY
> > treatment back in the nineties...
>
> Roland,
>
> Don't be fooled into believing this guy by the length of his vulgar,
hateful diatribes
> or the frequency with which he posts them.   He makes all kinds of claims
and
> repeats them over and over.  A few other malcontents who hate the fact
that
> I cater to DIYers and that I often mention my website in my posts
frequently
> chime in.  That doesn't make it true.

I find it amusing that you're continuing to feign the innocent.  Amusing and
a bit sad as well.  For instance, who are the "few other malcontents who
hate the fact that you cater to DIYers"?  So far, I haven't seen a single
DIYer who hasn't had an informative and courteous response from anyone in
this Group.  I'm one of those individuals that's lurked here for quite some
time and only started posting messages recently.  I recall that my responses
to you (while courteous and respectful) didn't garner the same treatment.
It appears that anyone that objects to your shilling your website here
merits your personal animus and inclusion in that list you call the "IB".
Why is it you ignore this Group's FAQ yet respect the one in
comp.home.automation?

You've decided to use your knowledge of the industry to support and cater to
the do-it-yourselfer.  That's altogether admirable, but what is it exactly
that sets you apart from the other individuals that post here and who are
offering the same thing?  And why is it that the Group seems to almost
magically revert back to Steve Ryckman's "vision" when you're absent for an
extended period?  Within usually two or three messages of your return you're
fanning the flames with posts that blatantly attack the core group of
posters here, and who are every bit as helpful to the DIY as you are (only
they don't couch their response with a "buy from me" link).  What about the
half dozen or so individuals that do have an online store (and who post here
as well)?  I've never seen Jim Rojas flog his services, yet I see dozens of
posts in which individuals seeking help are frequently referred to either of
his online ventures by that same core group of posters that often object to
your antics.  Why do you think that is?

> They figure if they repeat the same BS enough times it will convince
people they're
> right.

You mean like you do?  If you repeat your assertion that "Frank Olson is a
counter clerk" often enough, you'll actually start believing it?  Post the
name of the company he works for.  If, as you say, it's impossible to roll a
passenger airliner and survive, back it up with factual independent proof
and not simply with more of your assertions and anecdotes involving "friends
and neighbours" who "just happen" to be in the industry.  Keep in mind that
I've actually seen Frank's movie and his photographs, as well as read with
interest the link a number of indiviuals have provided where a Boeing test
pilot rolled a 707 in the '50's.  By the way, I also know an equal number of
"engineers and pilots" that can affirm you can successfully roll any modern
fixed wing aircraft.  This isn't "rocket science".

> These are the folks who have destroyed this newsgroup.

Fortuately your "assertion" has no basis in fact.

> They've also followed me to the automation newsgroup, posting the same
trash.

Payback's a bitch, isn't it?

> Every time they do they get rebuked by the normal people there.

And whenever you get "rebuked by the normal people" here, they immediately
join the ranks of the "IB".

> Jiminex has repeatedly threatened to destroy this newsgroup and others
unless I
> stop posting.

Really?  He's actually posted that?  Where?

> If you want to see the kind of person this guy is, check out what he's
tried to do to
> Bob Campbell, one of the nicest people to grace this newsgroup for many
years
> with helpful posts, humor and a good-natured, friendly attitude.  Jiminex
demanded
> that Bob join his daily diatribes.

I can't for the life of me find the post Jim made that supports this claim.
Please provide the Google link.

> Bob refused so Jiminex started attacking him.

Proof, Bass, proof!

> There are several others here who, even though they disagree
> with me posting about my online store, refuse to join in Jiminex "holy
war".
> Jack Stevens is no friend of mine and no supporter of DIY.  Yet when he
refused
> to jump on the Jiminex hate parade, Jiminex attacked him as well.  It's
been the
> same for anyone who objected to his thousands of long, vulgar posts.  If
you don't
> play by his abusive standards he'll try to drive you out of the
> newsgroup with the same abuse he levels at me and many others.

I'm not a huge "fan" of Jim's "methods", but I respect his "core values".
Bob Campbell has my respect as well.  We each of us have our methods of
dealing with jerks and idiots.  I always thought that a reasonable person
would respond to reasonable argument but you've actually proven me wrong (or
is it that you really are a "jerk and an idiot").  Bob (Worthy's) recent
posts were excellent responses.  Yours continue to support a position that,
well, simply isn't substantiated by the facts.