Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

Roland wrote:
> For the most part in this group we are strangers connected only by this
> forum and the interest each one of us has in this industry. Trying to figure
> out what is wrong with someone else that is posting here certainly exceeds
> my very limited expertise in that area. I am an expert only on what I
> personally like and don't like. Therefore I have disconnected from trying to
> think about anyone that posts here that I don't seem to like. I don't view
> me liking or disliking something or someone as being a plus or minus that
> anyone else needs to concern themselves with. Bass is a unique case because
> what you and I may detect as an issue may be something directly related to
> his treatment.

Come on Roland!   He wasn't undergoing any treatment back in the
nineties, or for that matter, last year either. He's been the reason
and the source of problems in other groups and here for as long as he's
been in Usenet. It's all documented and it's just simply amazing that
he describes the source of what goes on here as everyone elses fault.

That he doesn't see that what he does here, deriding the trade and
individuals as a reflection of the worst of the trade, can only be
described as astounding. It's only what everyone else does, in
objection to his conduct, that he sees as the source of the destruction
of this Newsgroup. It has occured to me that he may actually believe
this. But he's not stupid.  After the many years he's conduted him self
in this manner, the only conclusion left is that he does it on purpose.
He's simply that demented and manevolent a person who tries to
manipulate people to achieve his agenda of doing exactly what he
pleases here, not accepting any objection from anyone. No matter who he
offends, insults, or belittles. What is happening in this Newsgroup has
happened before, in other Newsgroups, so there is no way that he can't
know that it is his conduct that is the cause.

By the way, he talks about knowing distributors and being on good terms
with them. Let me tell ya, if you want to hear their side of it, you
might try talking to some of the people who've delt with him in the
past. So, you see, it's not even only in Usenet that he's got the
reputation for being an arrogant SOB. He's the same way in real life
too!

Roland, it's simply a way of life with him. He's going to continue ....
and play oblivious to reality, acting as if he is right and the rest of
the world is wrong. It's no coincidence that there is no one here who
will vouch for him.

> Bass is not obligated to please anyone here or to disclose
> the progress of his ailments.

No one asked him about his personal life and his present health
problems to begin with. He seems to like to post all his personal data
for some strange reason. What do you think? If you were diagnosed with
a serious illness, do you think you would be posting it on Usenet?
Particularly where there was a Newsgroup where you knew everyone was
hostile towards you? Think about it!!!!!   Who/ What kind of person
does this?

> Contrary to some others here I hope for his
> victory over what has taken hold in him. It seems others here (beside you
> and me) have some long tortured history with Bass and more than enough venom
> has built up to where it seems it is almost poisonous just to get too near
> the fray. I am not given to having the time, inclination or ability to parse
> out what that history should mean to me, let alone anyone else. On the face
> of it running a DIY outfit and posting here where most folks aren't
> following that business model seems bound to have some rough edges, but
> things seem to have gone well beyond that.

It never had to get this far .... but when peace only consists of him
continuing doing whatever it is that he wants to do and everyone must
accept it, then it's going to escalate to whatever it takes to make
this group unusable by him. Even if it makes it unusable to everyone
else too. He's admitted that no one comes here anymore, because of what
goes on here and that's just the way it's going to remain. If he
chooses to take the path of exploting this group and the knowledge of
the professional installers that are here and would like to be here, so
that he can profit, then the object has to be to make the group so
objectionable, that it drives people away. And it's working. All he's
got to do is tone it down, stop lying to end users, stop being the
"expert" on eveything, stop telling people that they're wrong and he's
always right and if they don't like it they can leave. ...... and all
the other crap he's known for. That's all he has to do. As long as he
continues this conduct, this Newsgroup will remain as it is. And that's
really too bad.

Occasionally he leaves the Newsgroup for awhile, and it's absolutely
amazing how people who are usually at odds for various reasons,
begining to joke around with one another and past conflicts begin to
fade away. Within two or three post upon his return, he's called
someone a nasty name, passed a snide remark about someone, tells an end
user what the dealer cost is on an item, sends an end user a copy of a
manufacturers downloading disk, calls installers dumb or uneducated or
whatever. Anything that will raise the hackels of someone in the
Newsgroup. Never fails. Do you find it any wonder that he's held in the
ill-regard that he is?

>I feel a little like odd man out
> only because there is so much posted on the residential side and I don't
> focus much on that market.

That's mostly because the transient people who come here are
homeowners, looking for
advice, so the tendancy is towards residential. I no longer do
commercial work but there are some here who do some really big jobs and
have lots of good information. And most everyone is up on new products
and is active in the field. ( Except for Bass, who has lost his edge
since he hasn't been in the field for quite of number of years. He
wouldn't admit it though. He still thinks he and expert on everything,
even equipment he's never even seen or installed.)

>I do see that some folks posting here have a
> great deal of knowledge on topics for systems integrators and I look forward
> to getting as much of that information as I can. Speaking of that, I think I
> may be getting sent to Charlottesville, Virginia for more training. Anyone
> know much about that neck of the woods? I have never been.

Sorry, I've no help for you in that area.

I continue to learn at every opportunity. Got some good IP seminars
coming my way next month in my area and some home theater and audio
seminars also. This home theater thing in really a great source of
income. Tell people it's $3000.00 to install an alarm and they're
crying  "cantcha do better on the price"? ..... But tell em it's gonna
cost $10,000.00 to do their home theater surround sound and TV setup
and wiring and they're all over you to get there as fast as you can.