Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

> I think he sells to folks off a MENSA mailing list. Napco is one of the
> more difficult panels to learn to program, especailly the old MA3000. The
> GEM3200, GEM9600 and x255 are not much easier. If you create a template
> for someone to modify that might help. If a DIY could program a panel
> correctly (no flags on error check and sent all signals to cental
> properly) on his first time try I would offer that guy a job on the spot.

Napco's current software makes it much easier.  When you create a new
account it takes you through all of the screens in order.  I spend a few
minutes on the phone explaining what the functions are for and which ones
are / are not neeeded.  Then I explain how to configure the zones and
execute the download.  It doesn't take long.  FWIW, in 30 years in this
industry I've yet to meet an installer who beloinged to Mensa.  Most have
not finished high school.  I have, however, met plenty of DIYers with
engineering degrees, some of whom have been Mensa members too.

--
Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics