Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
news:PO51e.791763$6l.682915@xxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > I use custom surface switches (i have them made
> >  in 4 colors to match window colors
>=20
> <snip>
>=20
> Out here, most of the surface switches would have to be "pink"...  =
Most of=20
> the bigger houses being built out here are owned by people from India =
who=20
> just love that color...

PINK? Where's that ... florida?

>=20
>=20
> > 2- The visible switches are much easier for the homeowner
> > to see for themselves if something is wrong and close the
> > window properly or pickup the magnet and glue it  back on.
>=20
> You let the alarm *owner* work on his own system???  For shame!!!  =
:-))

Oh yes...they love FREE phone service..rather than paying me 65 buck per =
hour to stick on a magnet.

>=20
>=20
> > 3- The crappy sliding windows they use out here glide on
> > tiny wheels in the track...dirt or worn out wheels through
> > recesses magnet/contact alignment out and its a service
> > call to even find out which window is a no-set.
>=20
> Ummm...  Suggestion...  install the concealed contacts in the upper =
part of=20
> the window frame.  You avoid the "rollers" then...  It's often easier =
to run=20
> the wires in the attic as well (on most bungalows and homes that have =
second=20
> stories).  On first floor windows and slabs you'ld have to go wireless =
in a=20
> lot of cases, but using concealed contacts in the top track is still =
pretty=20
> easy to do and a damn sight better looking...

That works sometimes, but still a problem with positioning mags in the =
upper track, if the window is big then you need 2 techs to go pull the =
window out of the frame to relocate or service the contact/mag. Still =
same wheel problem too. The custom surface contacts I have made for me, =
virtually 'disappear' anyway so they are not unsightly...in fact most =
people can't find them when I have them check (via phone) if they lost a =
magnet.

>=20
>=20
> > 4- Much faster to service, much easier to replace EOLR's
>=20
> There is no "4" in this Group.  Don't ever let us see you using it =
again!!

ok, ok...next time I'll skip 4

>=20
>=20
> > On custom casements we use recessed most of the time,
> > unless the glass to wood distance is too small then we
> > have to used custom surface.
>=20
> Jim (Alarminex) published a great method for concealing contacts in =
Anderson=20
> Windows.  Where there's a "will" there's a "concealed contact"...

Where? I'd like to see it.
Ever drill too far?...every crack one of those puppies...shit they're =
expensive...especially the ones with the mini blinds inside.

>=20
>=20
>=20
> "DrPhil" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> >
> > > I used to install contacts prior to drywall, but now I never do. =
I'd=20