Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:kde1e.5$q_1.196@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> PINK? Where's that ... florida?

Heh...

>> You let the alarm *owner* work on his own system???
>> For shame!!!  :-))

> Oh yes...they love FREE phone service..rather than paying
>  me 65 buck per hour to stick on a magnet.

Yeah...  I "hear" ya...

> That works sometimes, but still a problem with
> positioning mags in the upper track, if the window
> is big then you need 2 techs to go pull the window
> out of the frame to relocate or service the contact/mag.
> Still same wheel problem too. The custom surface
> contacts I have made for me, virtually 'disappear'
> anyway so they are not unsightly...in fact most people
> can't find them when I have them check (via phone)
> if they lost a magnet.

On the larger windows (or where there's a risk that breakage might occur
during removal, we won't risk taking sliders out.  Customers are usually
pretty understanding if you explain the situation to them.  In that
instance, surface contacts are the only solution.  I agree if they're
installed properly they can seem to "disappear".  Avoid the pink magnets
though...  :-))

>> There is no "4" in this Group.  Don't ever let us see you
>> using it again!!

> ok, ok...next time I'll skip 4

>> Jim (Alarminex) published a great method for concealing
>> contacts in Anderson Windows.  Where there's a "will"
>> there's a "concealed contact"...

> Where? I'd like to see it.  Ever drill too far?...every crack
> one of those puppies...shit they're expensive...especially
> the ones with the mini blinds inside.

He'll email the method to you.  I personally don't see Anderson Windows here
in Vancouver, BC.  We have Pella, which sound to be constructed much the
same way.