Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:vH21e.24$8S1.1152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I use custom surface switches (i have them made
>  in 4 colors to match window colors

<snip>

Out here, most of the surface switches would have to be "pink"...  Most of
the bigger houses being built out here are owned by people from India who
just love that color...

> 2- The visible switches are much easier for the homeowner
> to see for themselves if something is wrong and close the
> window properly or pickup the magnet and glue it  back on.

You let the alarm *owner* work on his own system???  For shame!!!  :-))

> 3- The crappy sliding windows they use out here glide on
> tiny wheels in the track...dirt or worn out wheels through
> recesses magnet/contact alignment out and its a service
> call to even find out which window is a no-set.

Ummm...  Suggestion...  install the concealed contacts in the upper part of
the window frame.  You avoid the "rollers" then...  It's often easier to run
the wires in the attic as well (on most bungalows and homes that have second
stories).  On first floor windows and slabs you'ld have to go wireless in a
lot of cases, but using concealed contacts in the top track is still pretty
easy to do and a damn sight better looking...

> 4- Much faster to service, much easier to replace EOLR's

There is no "4" in this Group.  Don't ever let us see you using it again!!

> On custom casements we use recessed most of the time,
> unless the glass to wood distance is too small then we
> have to used custom surface.

Jim (Alarminex) published a great method for concealing contacts in Anderson
Windows.  Where there's a "will" there's a "concealed contact"...