Re: Napco system questions

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d88f584b-3571-49a3-9263-d81a3a0e02be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> There are many other signals that I didn't list...

Oh, you forgot those?

> you also forget that those panels can be used in other markets or not as
> commercial fire alarms.

Yeah, sure.

> In the case of Napco it doesn't matter if it's a 1632 or a commercial fire
> MA3000 you still cannot send any of those listed signals.

Nor do you need to.  However, the Napco has so many features and options that
are simply unavailable with DSC that this is the staw you're holding onto.  Do
feel free to continue harping on how Napco's residential systems don't send
commercial fire signals thogh.

> And there are many reasons why you "can" turn off that feature, namely to
> send additional events not allowed with auto-reporting. Aditional events
> that Napco can't send at all...

Yes, such as erroneous signals, fire on burg, etc.  Marvelous.

> The reality is that Napco's panels are orders of magnitude more powerful and
> more flexible than DSC's stuff. Arguing that because DSC has fewer options
> it is therefore somehow "better" is ridiculous. Arguing that DSC has the
> ability to send reports for commercial fire while no sane installer would
> ever use DSC for commercial fire is worse.

> You conveniently missed all the non-fire signals DSC is capable of
> sending...

And you conveniently ignored the fact that DSC's systems are simple and
feature poor compared to Napco.  Instead of accepting that you harp endlessly
on DSC's one feature.  How about coming up with sonething substantive for a
change.  Naah.  That won't happen.

> I find it interesting that in areas where Napco may have an advantage you
> trumpet it loudly yet when a rather important feature such as event
> reporting is lacking it suddenly doesn't matter. I suppose it isn't
> important to someone who once had a central station in his den but I assure
> you in the real world it is.

Napco does have numerous advantages over DSC beyond the fact that their
hardware is better built.  It does not allow you to modify the eight alarm
signals though.  Big deal.  DSC loses on several hundred lines and wins on
something that really doesn't matter (however, you continue to ignore the fact
that any CS in the country has the ability to display very specific zone data
based on the signals Napco sends).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass