Re: Napco system questions

chasbo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Regardless of the number of zones, I can program the NX8E so that when
> she leaves the house, she simply pushes the EXIT key, arming the
> entire system.  When she returns she enters her code.

The P9600 will do the same thing.  If you call, I'll be happy to explain in
detail how to set it up.  Also, if the master code is still in the panel
(printed label on the mnetal cover which protects the CMOS chip), you can use
Napco's Quickloader program to test, diagnose and service it.  The software is
a free download.  If you need help using it, I'd be happy to teach you.  It
takes about 30 minutes to program a large system from top to bottom.

> At night she would push the STAY key, which would arm the system and
> automatically bypass one or more interior zones.

Napco can be programmed to arm using a single keypress.  If no door is opened,
the system will arm in "stay" mode (no motion detection).  If a door is opened
during the exit delay, the system arms normally.

> These two actions are what she finds easy to do.  Does the Napco keypad
> offer the same features?  Or does she need to perform additional procedure
> with the Napco pad?

She can do it with one keypress if she likes.

> Do installers typically mount the EZM8 modules in a closet, or under a
> window, etc., rather than home-running the 8 cables to the EZM8 mounted
> close to the 9600 panel?

They can be mounted anywhere along the databus.  Precisely where varies from
installer to installer and from one premises to the next.  There's a way to
make the EZM-8 modules beep so you can locate them.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics