Napco system questions

Long time customer moved into house containing Napco  8-zone Panel,
two GEM-RP1CAe2 Keypads, and all windows and doors contacted, several
CO's, System Sensor SD's, motion detectors, and six or eight zone
modules positioned adjacent to the panel mounted in the basement.

Due to a lack of time to inspect the entire system on all floors, I do
not have enough information to prepare a proposal to replace the
operating  system with one which she is familiar, or to tell her to
keep the existing system; hence the need for a few answers from you
Napco installers.

The Zone modules I assume are Napco's 8-zone units.  I have a copy of
the zone list, which lists 96 zones, a few of which are spares.

Since the panel (forgot to get model number, but was installed within
the last two years) is 8- zones, how are the zone modules configured?
Does each contact, CO detector, Motion detector, get home-runned to
the zone module adjacent to the panel, or do some installers mount the
zone module close to the windows or doors, for example, and run one
cable to the panel?

Or can the output of an 8-zone module be fed to another 8- zone
module, before it finally gets connected to the main panel?

Do all the zone modules connect to a specific set of terminals in the
panel, or are the outputs of the zone modules connected to one of the
eight zones?

Though she has been instructed by the company that installed the
system, she still says the system is too complicated, and does not
think the Keypad is user friendly.  Her previous home contained a
Caddx/GE NX8E panel and 8-zone LED Keypad.

She would like to switch to an NX8E system again, but I told her that
she would need two LCD Keypads, but in terms of operation, all else
would be pretty much familiar to her.

If the devices on all levels of the house are home runned to the
basement zone modules, then my work of converting to GE would be
relatively easy.  If there are some zone modules mounted on other
levels of the house, with only the outputs homerunned to the basement,
I will tell her to keep the system.

Also, is there a way that I can determine if the system is connected
to any home-automation devices?  I do not want to replace the zone
modules and panel, only to find later that one or more home-automation
devices don't function.

Thanks.  Charlie