Re: Napco system questions

"mleuck" wrote:

> Too bad it can't seem to send high temp, low temp, waterflow, loss of heat,
> loss of air flow, low CO2, Gate Valve Sensor, low water level, pump failure,
> 24 hour non-burg, foil break, freeze, Interior burg, perimeter burg,
> entry/exit burg, outdoor, near alarm like DSC.

Sure it can and I already explained how but you continue to pretend not to
understand that.  However, neither the Napco Gemini systems nor your beloved
DSC are commercial fire alarms so waterflow, loss of air flow, pump failure,
etc., are irrelavent (not that you didn't know already that).

> on and on and on...

As always.

> You would have to turn off SIA or CID auto-reporting to do that and you can
> easily do the same thing with Napco which btw doesn't seem to have a SIA or
> CID zone auto-reporting.

The problem is that with DSC you *can* turn off auto reporting, resulting in
the very real probability that someone will send a Burglary signal from a Fire
alarm zone.  Napco can send reports in SIA and CID.  Programming is a snap.
In fact, when you select the zone type, Napco automatically selects the proper
report code.  That you likely didn't know.

The reality is that Napco's panels are orders of magnitude more powerful and
more flexible than DSC's stuff.  Arguing that because DSC has fewer options it
is therefore somehow "better" is ridiculous.  Arguing that DSC has the ability
to send reports for commercial fire while no sane installer would ever use DSC
for commercial fire is worse.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass