Re: Napco system questions

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> Actually DSC remains one of the most feature rich alarm panels out there
> when you compare similarly priced panels from other manufacturers.  It's a
> heck of a lot easier to program than Napco.

I kind of agree, but not entirely.  I suspect it's mostly "easier" because you
use it more often than Napco.  I've programmed so many Napco systems that I
can (and often do) walk a customer through programming a system without even
opening the program on my PC.

OTOH, the few DSC systems I ever programmed were so simple (there were less
options) that they could easily be configured from the keypad.  Even after
many years working with Napco, I never program them from the keypad.

As to feature-richness, Napco has (I forget) 61 or 62 individually selectable
per-zone options.  That's 2^^62 possible ways to configure each individual
zone.  There are hundreds of options, selectable and adjustable features,
timers and so forth for the system as a whole.  I don't believe DSC's
residential panels even come close.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass