Re: Paradox Esprit fails to activate alarm siren in 3 Zones

Yes, rarely is the panel left with the default installers code in
place. It is common practice to change the installer code to prevent
anyone messing around with programming that could affect it's ability
to call the monitoring station.

What the instructions say is wrong. There is no way to confirm that the
installer lock is set or not set (like you can with say DSC panels).
Just default and absolutely nothing will happen if its locked, or the
whole panel will go back to factory if its not locked. Leave the jumper
on for 30 secs, not the 10 seconds the instructions say.

Manufacturers make these products primarily for the security industry,
not for DIY'ers. Most security conscious consumers realize the
equipment on site is only part of a professional system, and is largely
ineffective without monitoring services. As well, most consumers prefer
to leave security to their chosen supplier to deal with so they can get
on with things in life they consider more important. Also, no one wants
untrained people dealing with settings which if done incorrectly can
cost the authorities in wasted resources through false alarms.
So....the manufacturers deal with security companies and leave us to
deal with the end user.

Good luck with your endeavours

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products