Re: Paradox Esprit fails to activate alarm siren in 3 Zones

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Joe, the problem is, in order to get in to low level programming mode,
> you WILL need to know the installer code in place in the panel. This is
> usually 727272 or 282828 (or 4 digit versions of the above). If these
> don't work, your only option is to default the panel (simple to do, but
> see the programming sheets). Hopefully the code will not be locked and
> the board will default to factory. Then you must reprogram the whole
> panel.
>
> If you want to play and learn, I guarantee that will give you lots of
> opportunity.And since it's not monitored, nothing is lost if you mess
> up, except your panel may end up not working quite the way you want.
>
> If you have specific problems with it, send an email through and I'll
> try to do what I can to answer your questions (albeit I'm on an
> extended vacation and my brain has gone to sleep (more than
> normal).....)...panel?...what's a panel...don't need no steenkin
> panel.....:))))
>
> R.H.Campbell
> Home Security Metal Products
> www.homemetal.com
> (Temporarily relocated to Florida)

Thanks very much Tourman for this information. With our system, after you
press "ENTER" you are able to enter only 4 digits before it does a longer
beep. I tried entering 2828 but the ENTER key did not flash to indicate that
the keyboard is in programming mode. On page 2 of the manual, it says that
when using the hex programming method, you press ENTER plus the installer
code after which the ENTER key will flash indicating you are in programming
mode.

The same happened when I tried 7272, that is, the ENTER key did not flash,
neither did any other keys. I also tried the full 282828 and also 727272,
but nothing happened doing this either. Other combinations such as 8282 and
2727 didn't work either.

The instructions do show how to do a power down reset, but as a matter of
interest, why doesn't one of the default installer codes get the panel into
programming mode, is this a security feature to deter owners with
insufficient knowledge?

Regards, Joe