Re: here we go again- FIOS

spike wrote:
> would the phone service be ok for upload and downloading of panels with a
> modem too?
> how do you like their internet service.  really fast?

Although I don't do uploading/downloading any longer since getting out
of the installing side of the business - I've dialed into customers with
PCAnywhere and other modem programs just fine with it.  Faxing is fine
as well.  All the voltages are proper and there is no echo or anything
like VOIP - it just sounds like a really really clean telephone line.
No crackling or pops like a regular copper POTS line gets in bad weather.

Although the speed is good - the real advantage to it is low latency
which lets you actually use the bandwidth to it's fullest advantage.
Oh, and my Internet connection has only been down once in the last two
years and thats because I was re-routing some wires in the attic.

If it's available in your area, I'd recommend to anyone they get it.

--
Steven M. Ryckman
VP Technical Services