Re: here we go again- FIOS

spike wrote:
> Any one out there seen this new phone service and how it might work with
> alarms?  It's a Verizon fiber optic phone and internet service.

FIOS is just fiber to the premise.  The only difference is that between
the CO and the premise it's on fiber instead of copper.  It is NOT VOIP.

Have it at the house here as well as many of our employee's homes and no
equipment is the wiser.  When they install they just reroute the wires
from the existing Dmarc to the FIOS ONT on the side of the house.  All
internal wiring stays the same.  Depending on how it was wired, they
might goof up the RJ31x wiring but other than that there should be no
issues with it.

--
Steven M. Ryckman
VP Technical Services