Re: Paradox Esprit fails to activate alarm siren in 3 Zones

Thanks a lot Tourman for your help and advice. You say that virtually no
installer or alarmco leaves the installer code at default. I guess this is a
good security feature, but is it common practice that the installer or the
alarmco would keep a record of a different installer code that they used
when my system was first installed? If so, they might, perhaps, give this
code to the owner of the alarm system?

To do a power down reset, the instructions say you should verify the
installer lock is disabled. I'm not sure how you would do this. Oh well, one
rainy day when I have finished all my other urgent jobs, I can look forward
to doing a power down reset and a total reprogramming of the panel, it looks
like it would be more interesting than mowing the lawns!

Regards, Joe