Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

You got that right....I think you and I are in exactly the same boat !!!

I see so many companies that think that service is some sort of
afterthought, rather that that which keeps your clients with you. I go so
far as to tell my clients..." you are not comitted to me long term...just
monthly...so I have to keep you happy or you're free to leave. We earn your
business; we don't demand it through a long term contract"...(Now before
anyone gets bent out of shape because they think I'm knocking their having
clients with long term contracts...I'm not. It's just not in my business
model). I tell clients to get three quotes, even if I'm their first, in
fairness to themselves. But most don't...

Long term contract or not, service is the name of the game. The idiots at
Big Blue either don't understand, don't give a sh*t, or it's simply a
numbers game with "churn" the inevitable outcome....

Pity their clients !

RHC

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bingo ! Right on both counts. I am unfortunately (and through no fault of
> my
> own) a third party dealer of Big Blue. It has been my experience that the
> right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and the middle is asleep.
> It
> takes three faxes to different numbers, and one e mail to even disconnect
> service from their station and make sure that everyone who should be
> advised
> is. They sure don't talk internally !
>
> Beating them at service quality and rates is an absolute "no brainer". It
> continues to amaze me after 10 years of being in this business, how they
> manage to sell to even a single residential customer. This can't say much
> for the intelligence or the shopping savvy of the average buying
> consumer....

It's the big name mentality...they will be here in 50 years, when who knows
if the little guys will be or not. Problem is they actually aren't there NOW
for the client. I can't imagine waiting 3 weeks for someone to call me
back...I'd be outta there in a minute.

Also, a little sales pressure to close the deal before they leave the house.
I never do that...I don't care if I have to go back 3 times to make the
client comfortable (I never really have to though). They can't do that, the
sales guys has got to close or he's wasting time. It's a numbers game for
them, the more they see the more they have a chance of closing. Whereas, if
I have the opportunity to really talk (without barking dogs, jumping cats
and screaming kids) I'll close 95%.

Clients also know that they can actually talk to the owner if they need
to...yes even if it's 3am...I'm here.

How much is that worth? It's actually worth a heck of a lot more than I
charge p/m...more than they charge too!