Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

Yep!

We're really not selling equipment so much as ourselves. If they believe =
in you/me/us they will trust us to install and service them =
properly...that IS the bottom line, and if you take care of that...the =
paper bottom-line will take care of itself.

I have many repeat clients...infact I'm now doing their grandkid's =
homes!=20

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> [...]
having=20
> clients with long term contracts...I'm not. It's just not in my =
business=20
> model). I tell clients to get three quotes, even if I'm their first, =
in=20
> fairness to themselves. But most don't...
>=20
> Long term contract or not, service is the name of the game. The idiots =
at=20
> Big Blue either don't understand, don't give a sh*t, or it's simply a=20
> numbers game with "churn" the inevitable outcome....
>=20
> Pity their clients !
>=20
> RHC
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
>=20
> "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > Bingo ! Right on both counts. I am unfortunately (and through no =
fault of=20
> > my
> > own) a third party dealer of Big Blue. It has been my experience =
that the
> > right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and the middle is =
asleep.=20
> > It
> > takes three faxes to different numbers, and one e mail to even =
disconnect=20
> > service from their station and make sure that everyone who should be =

> > advised
> > is. They sure don't talk internally !
> >
> > Beating them at service quality and rates is an absolute "no =
brainer". It
> > continues to amaze me after 10 years of being in this business, how =
they
> > manage to sell to even a single residential customer. This can't say =
much
> > for the intelligence or the shopping savvy of the average buying
> > consumer....
>=20
> It's the big name mentality...they will be here in 50 years, when who =
knows=20
> if the little guys will be or not. Problem is they actually aren't =
there NOW=20
> for the client. I can't imagine waiting 3 weeks for someone to call me =

> back...I'd be outta there in a minute.
>=20
> Also, a little sales pressure to close the deal before they leave the =
house.=20
> I never do that...I don't care if I have to go back 3 times to make =
the=20
> client comfortable (I never really have to though). They can't do =
that, the=20
> sales guys has got to close or he's wasting time. It's a numbers game =
for=20
> them, the more they see the more they have a chance of closing. =
Whereas, if=20
> I have the opportunity to really talk (without barking dogs, jumping =
cats=20
> and screaming kids) I'll close 95%.
>=20
> Clients also know that they can actually talk to the owner if they =
need=20
> to...yes even if it's 3am...I'm here.
>=20
> How much is that worth? It's actually worth a heck of a lot more than =
I=20