Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
news:F7KdnTlT1_l3Qx3fRVn-sA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bingo ! Right on both counts. I am unfortunately (and through no fault =
of my=20
> own) a third party dealer of Big Blue. It has been my experience that =
the=20
> right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and the middle is =
asleep. It=20
> takes three faxes to different numbers, and one e mail to even =
disconnect a=20
> service from their station and make sure that everyone who should be =
advised=20
> is. They sure don't talk internally !
>=20
> Beating them at service quality and rates is an absolute "no brainer". =
It=20
> continues to amaze me after 10 years of being in this business, how =
they=20
> manage to sell to even a single residential customer. This can't say =
much=20
> for the intelligence or the shopping savvy of the average buying=20
> consumer....

It's the big name mentality...they will be here in 50 years, when who =
knows if the little guys will be or not. Problem is they actually aren't =
there NOW for the client. I can't imagine waiting 3 weeks for someone to =
call me back...I'd be outta there in a minute.

Also, a little sales pressure to close the deal before they leave the =
house. I never do that...I don't care if I have to go back 3 times to =
make the client comfortable (I never really have to though). They can't =
do that, the sales guys has got to close or he's wasting time. It's a =
numbers game for them, the more they see the more they have a chance of =
closing. Whereas, if I have the opportunity to really talk (without =
barking dogs, jumping cats and screaming kids) I'll close 95%.

Clients also know that they can actually talk to the owner if they need =
to...yes even if it's 3am...I'm here.

How much is that worth? It's actually worth a heck of a lot more than I =
charge p/m...more than they charge too!