Re: Glass breaks again...

> Who said that I charged my customers anything to replace thier
> Napco equipment. I replace Napco with equipment I know,
> to better serve my customers, period.  It's how I do business,
> Mr. Bass.

Oh, now I get it.  You replace Napco systems which you say you know with
something else which you say you know to better serve your customers and you
do this for free.  It's a good thing you don't know more or you'd have to
replace all your systems again -- at no charge -- to better serve your
customer (of course).  Uh-huh, sure.  Do you also sell bridges?

> You may think I do not understand Napco,
> that's not what my point was...

It seems pretty clear to me.  You understand Napco so you replace it with
something else which you know.  Uh-huh.

> I said I had concerns with their tech & sales support.

Suuure, you do.  Right.  :^)

> They failed to demonstrate to me that they
> could support my customers or my company...

More likely you ran across an MA-3000, couldn't understand the manual and
gave up.  You should have called me.  I could have one of my DIYers teach
you the ropes.  The Napco panels aren't that difficult to understand once
you get started.  I've installed hundreds of them and I've sold thousands
more to DIYers.  BTW, I also sell Ademco, ITI, DSC (if someone really
insists on it), Caddx, Paradox and several other brands.  None of them has
been difficult for DIYers, including the Napco P9600, MA-3000, Ademco
Vista-128FB, etc.

> If a vendor wants my money, they have to
> support the products they sell, period.

Same here.  I have no problem getting tech support from any of these
manufacturers, including Napco.  I wonder why it is you failed.  Perhaps it
was your charm, winning personality and tact.  :^)

> I had the same problem with in the late
> 90's with Caddx.

It must get expensive replacing all these brands with something you know.

> We put in over 200 in less than a year...

I sell more than that in a month.  Maybe if you sold more product they'd be
more inclined to help you out when you don't understand the products.

> In the mid 90's we had problems with ESL
> smoke detectors...

Whoops!  So much for GE.  It's a good thing you can still count on Tandy.

> A factory recall caused our company to
> replace over 150 smokes on one job.

Suuure, you did.

> Never mind all the false alarms, labor costs,
> headaches, etc.  When ADI failed to notify
> us that there was a recall, we called directly
> to the manufacturer and were informed by
> them that the recall was noticed to ADI
> almost two months earlier...

That's strange.  I get recall notices directly from manufacturers *and* from
ADI.  I wonder why none of them is willing to help you out.

> We stopped using ESL equipment and we
> stopped all transactions with ADI. That's
> how we do business.

Oh, really!  You stopped doing business with ADI, did you?  Heh, heh, heh...
:^)

> Almost five years later we rekindled our
> relationship with ADI.  They are a great
> supporter of the alarm industry on a national
> as well as state wide basis.  And, we all
> benefit from that.

Hmm.  First, they were so bad that you dropped them.  Now they're a great
support for the alarm industry and you love them?  What happened?  You went
back to ADI when AFY went belly up?  Radio Shack refused to give you tech
support?

I've found ADI overall to be helpful, courteous and honorable.  Staff
occasionally make mistakes, such as shipping the wrong item, but they will
replace it, send a call tag and not charge for doing so (only fair, I
think).  They give great prices if you do enough volume, too.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics