Re: Combined Load on Vista 20P

"Mike" <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0cqdncjpGvEozcjfRVn-pA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Funny i just got off the phone with a local Bosch/Radionics distributor. I
> was looking to purchase one of the Bosch Motion sensors model DS835i.
> He kept trying to sell me on the Radionics panels and equipment and saying
> that Ademco stuff is like a Chevy compared to the Radionics/Bosch
Cadillac.
> I told him thanks for making me feel so much better about my choosing the
> Vista 20P.
> I didnt expect a Bosch distributor to praise the Ademco stuff, but he went
> on and on about having dropped the Ademco and Napco lines years ago and
> would never recommend anything but the Radionics.
> I briefly saw Radionics/Bosch systems mentioned in my researching.  Should
> this be a Panel worth considering for the DIY'r?

The old Radionics guys are very proud of their  product and think there
should be nothing else in the world. Because of the past proprietry nature
of Radionics, the authorized dealership programs they had, high cost,
complication of programming, locking people into the product (regardless if
the local dealer was good or bad) etc etc etc, they were going down like an
anchor and the industry was bypassing them like a rocket until Bosch came in
and are trying to get them back into the market. They (the old radionics)
burned alot of bridges in the past. They became an island in a very large
sea. Bosch has some fence mending to do. Slamming other product by making
those types of comparisons won't get them to where they need to be any time
soon. It turns people off. The product doesn't do any more or less for the
average consumer than most other panels.

Bob4Secur