Re: Glass breaks again...

news:R6CdnZ3-UqsEB_LfRVn-rA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >> Presumably Tandy Corp is delighted to know that.

> You were nere certified on *several* Napco systems.  Napco's tech support
> has always been excellent.  The only sales support I ever needed from a
> manufacturer is good product and decent end user literature.  Napco has
done
> admirably in both respects.
>
> >> Hmm.  Certified on the MA-3000 yet you have no knowledge of the RB-3008
> >> programmable relay board?  How did you manage to get certified without
> >> learning the components?
>
> You stated that you routinely replace Napco with stuff you know.  The
> implication is that you do not know Napco, else why spend your customer's
> money replacing perfectly good hardware?  If you're just ripping your
> clients off that would explain your statement.  I'll give you the benefit
of
> the doubt and accept the obvious intent of your comment which is that you
> simply don't understand Napco.
>
> > You ask, how did I get certified Mr. Bass,
> > without learning the components.
>
> You're the one who said you replace Napco with brands you know.  That
seems
> to pretty clearly indicate you know little or nothing about Napco.  Your
> comments here back that up.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =============================>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 2291 Pine View Circle
> Sarasota · Florida · 34231
> 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> =============================>

Who said that I charged my customers anything to replace thier
Napco equipment. I replace Napco with equipment I know,
to better serve my customers, period.  It's how I do business,
Mr. Bass.

You may think I do not understand Napco, that's not what
my point was. I said I had concerns with their tech & sales support.
They failed to demonstrate to me that they could support my
customers or my company. If a vendor wants my money,
they have to support the products they sell, period.

I had the same problem with in the late 90's with Caddx.
We put in over 200 in less than a year, and tech support could not
address my concerns about invalid signals coming from NX6 & NX8
panels. All verified by caller ID. (I believe they have rectified the
problem since). I won't put in another Caddx system because of that.
(We do continue to serve our existing Caddx accounts, though).

In the mid 90's we had problems with ESL smoke detectors. A factory
recall caused our company to replace over 150 smokes on one job.
Never mind all the false alarms, labor costs, headaches, etc.
When ADI failed to notify us that there was a recall, we called
directly to the manufacturer and were informed by them that the
recall was noticed to ADI almost two months earlier.
We stopped using ESL equipment and we stopped all transactions
with ADI. That's how we do business.

Almost five years later we rekindled our relationship with ADI.
They are a great supporter of the alarm industry on a national
as well as state wide basis. And, we all benefit from that.

Norm Mugford