Glass breaks again...

I am putting in a security system for a new home under construction.
The house is 2 story, with all casement simulated divided lite windows,
and several double french doors on both floors. It's for an older
couple with 2 small dogs, no children.

Normally I'd do the standard motions + contacts, but this time I was
leaning toward a perimeter system with magnetic contacts on all doors
and windows, and glass breaks near each window, probably Intellisense
FG-1525's. Maybe a couple of motions for backup. The idea of sounding
an alarm BEFORE the intruder was inside intrigued me.

However, I've seen several comments that all glass break detectors will
false if a heavy thunderstorm is near. This is North Carolina - there's
often a heavy thunderstorm near in the summer.

What is the experience out there with current glass break detectors? If
they false when a thunderstorm is near, they'd be useless, right?