Re: ADT purchased Reliance/Protectron in Canada

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> <snip>  You missed one.

Huh?  We have always had a contingency to change Central Stations.  Alls of
those technical issue you mentioned are a concern to us.  We have had to
change central stations 3 times in the last 25 years.  Fortunately my dad
planned so that we can.  We give our customers a toll free number for
cancelling alarms, but its our number, not the central stations.  We have
all our alarm panels on our own lines for phone and cell.  We periodically
call a number of independent central stations and interview them to see what
services they do and don't offer, and how they react to questions about
special circumstances for special customer.  That co-op did not do well for
price or service last time we called them, but they weren't the worst.  We
have a database that will allow us to provide information to a new CS.  Our
biggest time limitation is how quickly they can implement our data, not how
fast we can be do everything on our side.  Not sure what <snip> got in a
twist over.  If you don't atleast think about contingencies like that you
are fooling yourself.  It also helps you find those things you can save
money on and those things its better to spend money on.

P.S.  I didn't know that about FM vs UL, and for us it doesn't really
matter, but I did call a CS that advertises that they are FM listed and not
UL listed and asked them why.  They said basically the same thing you did
about it.