ADT purchased Reliance/Protectron in Canada

Recently ADT in the US has purchased Reliance/Protectron here in Canada for=
 a princely sum reputed to be about $5.5 Billion. Protectron is a major pla=
yer in the security market here in Canada with about 400,000 accounts on li=
ne with their six major stations spread across Canada. I myself am a third =
party dealer on their station with 1200 accounts monitored by them.=20

Over the last twenty years, my customers have been well served by their mon=
itoring services, which have allowed me to set up my own custom priorities =
with their operators.My past experiences with the normal, instantaneous "co=
okie cutter" ADT response to alarms, has shown that without such signals as=
 "cancel codes" being programmed, this has resulted in far too many false a=
larm dispatches (which in our jurisdiction costs the client $140 a visit). =
Today, that kind of unfiltered  response is close to irresponsible ! That, =
and other service related reasons, is why I took some 200 accounts off ADT'=
s station initially and put them over on Protectron's station.=20

Now the gigantic fish has swallowed the big fish in the ocean !!!!!

My prediction is ADT will leave the operations side of Protectron alone for=
 the short term until they are able to flush out their long term plans. At =
that time, they will as per their normal practice, "rape and pillage" the p=
ersonnel of Protectron for only the best people, and let go the remainder o=
f the Protectron staff. More important to me, they will also force Protectr=
on to follow their established guidelines for response, as used in their ex=
isting stations, in order to implement a consistent response pattern overal=
l. =20

This is an unhappy day for clients and for dealers on Protectron's stations=
(IMO). The day they implement those kinds of response policies is the day I=
 swing over all my accounts to an outside independant monitoring station

ADT, you've been warned (not that you really give a damn about the small fr=
y.....)