Re: ADT purchased Reliance/Protectron in Canada

On Friday, May 16, 2014 2:01:30 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> [...]
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > They won't do that until they have sent you your new contract, that i=
f you=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > don't sign they will quit handling your accounts.  I strongly suggest=
 you be=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > prepared to swing your accounts at a moments notice.  Never allow a b=
ig=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > company like that into a position where they can blackmail you, becau=
se if=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > they can they will.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Yes, ADT is a totally ruthless and unprincipled juggernaut when it come=
s to pricing, and also towards small dealers they see competing with them. =
 A while back, when I complained about some of their poor response to the f=
ew remaining accounts I had left on their station, their only response was =
to raise the rate from $3 an account to $8 an account. It was clearly becau=
se I expressed disapproval and nothing else.=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I can see no good coming out of this purchase when it comes to anyone c=
urrently dealing with Protectron. The quicker I get away from them the bett=
er !!
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Uhhhhhh ....... why wait?=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Are you under any obligation to them?

No, not really, but I am one of those few dealers who feel I just cannot ar=
bitrarily change monitoring suppliers without getting the consent of my cus=
tomers. This complicates the process somewhat. But we have all sorts of pla=
ns in the works (which I don't wish to discuss in a public forum)