Re: reasonable monthly rate

On Nov 13, 8:09=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 8:59=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 13, 12:36=A0am, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote=
:

> > > Do they have a high rate of failure during fire or other emergency?
>
> > > Best,
> > > Christopher
>
> > RHC: I've been following this thread with some interest but figured
> > I'd better keep my mouth shut for fear of insulting people. But I've
> > got to say, it absolutely amazes me that anyone would try to keep a 20
> > plus year old panel of whatever make in service for any reason. With a
> > wide variety of modern panels available for only a couple of hundred
> > dollars at most, there is no reason that I can fathom why you've want
> > to keep this clunker going. You wouldn't run your business on a 386;
> > you wouldn't continue to watch a 20 year old, black and white, monster
> > sized TV for your home entertainment; you wouldn't rely on a 20 year
> > old car for transportation, but you want to rely on a 20 year old POS
> > panel for your home security !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> > The price of monitoring is quite another thing. In my area, $15 to $20
> > a month is quite common with only the large firms quoting more. But
> > regardless, do yourself a major favour and dump this POS old pane l!!
>
> > Jeeezeeeee !!!!!
>
> I disagree, if the panel was a good one when new it'll work fine for a
> long time, we've got tons of old DSC 1550 and 2500 panels out there
> with no problems.
>
> My TV is about 20 years old, my previous car was a 1978 Honda Civic
> that was working great with 250,000 miles until I traded it off for a
> new Ford Ranger (which just turned over 200,000 miles). I've still got
> an old Technics turntable from 1979 that I'll never part with and a CD
> player from 1985.
>
> The only reason I can see with dumping a good working panel is if it
> can't do some of the new things like remote access or Internet
> monitoring.

RHC: Hmmm... Mark, you are indeed living in the past. Tell me, is your
computer that old as well ? Are your phones the old heavy Bell
clunkers they retired decades ago..?.:)) Do you still tape using a
VCR ?....or a  cassette player ?

Maybe the company you work for will monitor anything going, but I
doubt any reputable small dealer would be interested in junk from
yesteryear !! Oops...I forgot....in our industry, it's not the quality
of the security that counts, only getting that contractual RMR
regardless of the shit equipment sending the signals....:((

But....hey....have it your way.