Re: reasonable monthly rate

"Christopher Glaeser"  wrote in message

> ...I purchase batteries from Mouser in bulk...

I just had a "duh!" moment!  I buy electronic components from Mouser
all the time. I never thought to look for alarm batteries there!
(Duh!)

And I have a huge Mouser catalog sitting on my shelf I've never looked
at (just search on their web site for what I need). Perhaps I should
browse through it and see what all they have! :-)

BTW as to the old stuff, I have a new wiz bang computer. But I also
have an older desktop on a network and I use that for backups. Also
have that attached to a scanner and a good old fashioned computer room
line printer (for printing zillion page computer programs). And also
use it to program microcontrollers. Works fine for that stuff because
it is just I/O. But I wouldn't use it for simulations or even word
processing because it is too slow for that stuff (compared to the new
computer).