Re: reasonable monthly rate

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'd call around and bet you can find somebody to do it for $20/mo. 'if'
>> they
>> will "takeover" your Radionics panel.  Like I said before, finding that
>> dealer
>> may be a problem you wouldn't have if your panel was one of the "common"
>> manufacturers like Honeywell, DSC, GE, Napco, etc..
>
>OK, thanks, that makes sense.  I'd be willing to have them replace the
>Radionics with a Honeywell et. al. and pay for that up front if the monthly
>rate were reduced long term.

If you really want to save a buck doing it that way you can purchase the
equipment yourself (online, eBay) and just pay the new alarm company labor to
install it for you.  You'll only need to replace the panel, keypads, and power
supply if everything else is in good shape.  At least get a feel for what the
equipment is actually worth by doing your research first.

Remember, all this advice is based upon you finding a "local" reputable dealer.
The big name companies are not as flexible.

Have you tried Tom's site?  http://www.alarmquotes.com/