Re: reasonable monthly rate

On Nov 13, 12:36=A0am, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Change it out before someone gets hurt
>
> Do they have a high rate of failure during fire or other emergency?
>
> Best,
> Christopher

RHC: I've been following this thread with some interest but figured
I'd better keep my mouth shut for fear of insulting people. But I've
got to say, it absolutely amazes me that anyone would try to keep a 20
plus year old panel of whatever make in service for any reason. With a
wide variety of modern panels available for only a couple of hundred
dollars at most, there is no reason that I can fathom why you've want
to keep this clunker going. You wouldn't run your business on a 386;
you wouldn't continue to watch a 20 year old, black and white, monster
sized TV for your home entertainment; you wouldn't rely on a 20 year
old car for transportation, but you want to rely on a 20 year old POS
panel for your home security !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The price of monitoring is quite another thing. In my area, $15 to $20
a month is quite common with only the large firms quoting more. But
regardless, do yourself a major favour and dump this POS old pane l!!

Jeeezeeeee !!!!!