Re: programming an Ademco Vista

On Apr 28, 3:49 am, Skinner Johnson <vinceinzi...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've run across some problems over the years that defy explanation and
> the programming is perfect.
>   COMPLETELY powering down system (remove transformer wire and take
> wire off battery terminal), then power up again sometimes solves the
> problem.  There are parts of the program that you can't see that
> sometimes get corrupted.  "Rebooting" the panel corrects these
> glitches.
>
> By the way, what is the value of those resistors that you are using?
> Color code should be RED - BLACK - RED - SILVER (or gold), which is
> 2000 ohms. If they are BROWN - BLACK - RED - SILVER, then they are
> 1000 ohm.
>
> Cheap fix for 1000 ohm resistors that are installed at the device -
> add another 1000 ohm resistor in series at the panel for that zone(s).
>
> Actually, don't even worry about the field device at the moment.  Work
> with a 2000 ohm resistor across the terminals at the panel.
>
> By the way, tell us what the zone summary screen shows when you are in
> programming at *56 or *58 screen.  (Don't have to explain the
> numbers , just enter the numbers in order, we know what they mean).
>
> After you get the panel working and reconnect the motion detector,
> putting the panel in "TEST" mode [installer code] + [5] will be a lot
> quicker to see if the motion detector is working, rather than arming
> the panel and waiting for the delay times to run out.  (The panel must
> be in the READY mode to get into the TEST mode).  The siren will toot
> for around 3 seconds if you do it right and the panel will beep around
> every 30 seconds or so while in TEST.  [installer code] + [1]  (off)
> will get you out of TEST.

Question....Does a motion detector need to have series resisters?  Ive
had people tell me that if its
configured as a N/C then no series resistor should be installed
whereas others are saying its should
be installed.

Im measuring the voltage using a DVM and yes the AC was a typo, these
are DC levels.