>> cool...have fun!
>>
>> --
>> **Crash Gordon**
>>
>> <ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> after *97 and *56, the Vista finally came up and showed some life.
>>> testing is next
>>> Thanks!!!- Hide quoted text -
>

> Something is still not right.  The system is up, will arm and both
> pads are talking to the main box yet none of the sensors trip the
> alarm.
> The motion sensor is getting power and is functioning.  The door
> switch worked on the old main box.  I tried "test" and "chime" mod and
> they do nothing.  There are no error mesages or faults.
>
> The old alarm had each connection wired with a series resistor.  This
> manual doesnt really say if the resister should be connected
>
> door    -------------------------- HI
> switch ---------------/\/\/\/\-----LO
>
> IR       -------------------------- HI
> sensor ---------------/\/\/\/\-----LO
> pwr    ---------------------------aux +
>
> Is this correct?  any suggestion on what to check?

turn on chime and remove one leg of a door circuit from the panel.

If you don't hear the chime go back and review the programming for the
zones to make sure that you have the zone programmed for the proper zone
type and not just zeroed out.

If you do hear the chime then you need to meter your wire and the door
contacts to find out which is malfunctioning.

Motion detector zones won't chime but you can do those and the doors as
well using 'walk test' - its in manual...