> >> --
> >> **Crash Gordon**
>
> >> <ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

.

> > Something is still not right. =A0The system is up, will arm and both
> > pads are talking to the main box yet none of the sensors trip the
> > alarm.
> > The motion sensor is getting power and is functioning. =A0The door
> > switch worked on the old main box. =A0I tried "test" and "chime" mod and=

> > they do nothing. =A0There are no error mesages or faults.
>
> > The old alarm had each connection wired with a series resistor. =A0This
> > manual doesnt really say if the resister should be connected
>
> > door =A0 =A0-------------------------- HI
> > switch ---------------/\/\/\/\-----LO
>
> > IR =A0 =A0 =A0 -------------------------- HI
> > sensor ---------------/\/\/\/\-----LO
> > pwr =A0 =A0---------------------------aux +
> > gnd =A0 =A0---------------------------aux -
>
> > Is this correct? =A0any suggestion on what to check?
>
> turn on chime and remove one leg of a door circuit from the panel.
>
> If you don't hear the chime go back and review the programming for the
> zones to make sure that you have the zone programmed for the proper zone
> type and not just zeroed out.
>
> If you do hear the chime then you need to meter your wire and the door
> contacts to find out which is malfunctioning.
>
> Motion detector zones won't chime but you can do those and the doors as
> well using 'walk test' - its in manual...- Hide quoted text -

In the home stretch!!!....The doors were set to EOL instead of N/C so
they are now working.  The IR motion is not working
though.  Ive tried NO ever mode and it fails the walk test.  The other
zones report a fault and chime but the IR doesnt report
anything.  I enabled the sensor's LED and its getting power and
"see's" movement.    I have it set to TYPE4 and NC which
allows the system to come READY.    I have the inline resister on the
LO side on the panel.

any thoughts?

Thanks