Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

> Interstate Hiway's are scary... try the I95 near
> Jacksonville or better yet the I75 near St Petes,
> Mr. Bass, I think thats your neck of the woods..
> I find those roads scarry.. especially at trafic
> hour Friday afternoons on or near the Sunshine
> bridge.

I've driven I95 many times, including around Jax, but never on a bike.  It gets busy enough and I can well imagine it'd be nasty for
riding a bike.  I have ridden the Sunshine Skyway bridge on the bike and it's a beautiful ride, especially at sunset.  That's one of
the most picturesque bridges in the country IMO.

> I remember once comming out of Homestead
> (near aligator alley) wherein a latin fellow
> driving what I would call a Jaloppy (to him a
> Cadilllac) his fender came clean off and hit my
> front end of the bike. The impact made the bike
> come clear off the ground. (Now I don't ride a little bike, use to but grew up and got a man's
> bike.. ha ha , Vulcan 1500,  dry weight ~863lbs
> give or take without my carcass on it.)

That's a lot of bike.  I doubt I could have kept it
upright after hitting a flying fender.  Sounds like
you're lucky to be alive, friend.

> Somewhere in the post I heard someone
> mentioning the use of the term Cager... well
> it mean being in a cage were you are protected
> from the elements and road debris. The term
> is widely used by all biker new or novice.. it's
> the lingo, nothing to do with trying to be
> perceived as a biker..

I'm sure Doug knows that.  He just likes to try
to find something negative to say about me.
There's a long history of sniping back and forth.
It's as much my fault as his though.

> A Biker is someone that enjoys the freedom
> of the road the wind in your hair (for those
> that are still bleased to have any) and the excileration that come from not being
> CAGED..

So far you've described my attitude about it
pretty well.

> And to a lucky few whom have the added
> luxery to follow the road to where ever it
> may lead them...and not have to worry
> about the 9 to 5..That a Biker..

I did that part (only without the bike) over
30 years ago.  Now I have a wife, a couple
of homes and a mortgage so following the
road wherever it leads is on the back burner
for the time being.  :^)

> Pogo P/T Cager and P/T Biker.. Florida
> bound this Friday... beware you cagers
> on the I95, I'm bringin SNOWBALLS...
> Yee HAw

I met quite a few folks in Daytona Beach
who had trailered their rides down from
snow country so they could attend Bike
Week.  Too bad you weren't there on
Sunday.  I'd have bought you a beer.