Re: Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
>> No but is scares the "bejeebers" out of the
>> OLD Guys...
>
> Shortly before my recent trip to Brazil I noticed
> a highly customized Goldwing with an older
> couple aboard ride past me on US41.  He was
> cruising well below the limit from what I could
> tell as he went by.  I had just stopped to chat
> with a friend I had spotted.
>
> A few moments later as I rode down 41 in the
> same direction I saw the red and blue lights.
> Some moron ran a stop sign and broad-sided
> the bike.  The ambulance station was only a
> few blocks away so they already had the
> body covered.  Sad.
>
> Odds are the cage driver probably said, "I
> didn't see the motorcycle, officer," even
> though that bike was lit up like Christmas in
> Times Square.
>
> Riding in Brazil I notice that many cagers will
> actually give "motos" a little space to glide
> past them though they all drive like Mario
> Andretti.

I have not been all over the world, but the few places I've been tell me US
drivers seem to be the worst.  Same from other folks I know who have been a
few more places.

--
Current Rides (Yuma, Az)
2005 VN1600B2 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak