Re: Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

> No but is scares the "bejeebers" out of the
> OLD Guys...

Shortly before my recent trip to Brazil I noticed
a highly customized Goldwing with an older
couple aboard ride past me on US41.  He was
cruising well below the limit from what I could
tell as he went by.  I had just stopped to chat
with a friend I had spotted.

A few moments later as I rode down 41 in the
same direction I saw the red and blue lights.
Some moron ran a stop sign and broad-sided
the bike.  The ambulance station was only a
few blocks away so they already had the
body covered.  Sad.

Odds are the cage driver probably said, "I
didn't see the motorcycle, officer," even
though that bike was lit up like Christmas in
Times Square.

Riding in Brazil I notice that many cagers will
actually give "motos" a little space to glide
past them though they all drive like Mario
Andretti.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass