Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

> I drove a 125cc  scooter years ago and had
> a blast.  It seems like you're going faster
> because it takes off so quickly and there is
> hardly any noise from the engine...

I have a little Yamaha 125 machine that I ride
in Brazil.  They are indeed a lot of fun.  Riding
there is much more challenging than here (well,
it is for me anyway), but it's a blast anyway.

> I saw a guy on IH-45 riding one of the big
> ones like yours and I wouldn't muster the
> balls to ride it like that on the Interstate,
> but it must be a nice feeling to know it
> can...

It doesn't require any special bravado to
ride on  the interstate.  I don't know for
certain but I suspect you're more likely to
get hurt in town than on the highway.
The Burgman is heavier and faster by far
than a 125cc scooter but it's actually quite
nimble.  It took a little getting used to but
now I'm comfortable riding it.

If you get a chance, rent one of the 400cc
Burgmans from a dealer for a weekend
sometime.  You'll be surprised how quickly
you can master it.  After all, it isn't rocket
science.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass