Re: swapping napco 1632 panel

Robert L Bass	ESQ. Wrote:

>"Business of Installing, Servicing or Maintaining Security or Fire Alarm Systems"
>
>"Article 6-D General Business Law"
>
>§69-l. Definitions
>"3. "Licensee" means a person as herein defined licensed to engage in the business of installing, servicing or maintaining security
>or fire alarm systems under this article."
>
>"§69-m. License required"
>"Furthermore, a property owner or proprietor who purchases or owns an alarm system to be installed by him or his employees onto his
>property or place of business shall not fall under the provisions of this article."
>
>Bear in mind that the whole license requirement under NY statute is predicated upon the licensee engaging in the business.  Doing a
>favor for free is no more engaging in the business than changing your neighbor's oil makes you a licensed mechanic.

I'm not going to engage you in another argument, you have a good guess
of who I am, and I would like to keep our correspondence civil for as
long as possible.

I am simply pointing out the fact that this activity may fall under NY
regulatory provisions.  Neither you or I know what (if any) fees this
"neighborly" act entails.  I would also point out that just because no
compensation may be demanded, a liability exists of anyone performing
any type of work on whomever's property - good intentions, paid or
not.