swapping napco 1632 panel

My neighbors have an old 1632 panel without the panel code and would
like to put in a new one so they can have the code if they ever wanted
to make changes etc. I have the napco software but have never done
this before. Can I just reconnect the new panel the same way the old
one was?  What do I need to do after I have swapped it as far as
programming goes?

Thanks for everyones help
Steven