Re: swapping napco 1632 panel

> I'm not sure if this works with the 1632,
> but you might be able to get into
> programing if you could get a new chip
> from Napco.

That's SOP for the P3200 and P9600.  IIRC, Napco doesn't offer a replacement chip for the P1632.  The default master code for the
P1632 is 456789.  Jim Rojas or Bobo Campbell (aka "Tourman") might be able to default the panel for the gentleman.  However, that
would require reprogramming the panel from scratch afterward.

The panel can be replaced (reprogramming still required, obviously).  I checked with my distributor and the replacement board is
about $82 retail.  Dealers can get it for about $65.  Programming by keypad is a pain but doable.  PC software for Napco is free.
There's a dongle you can get to connect the Napco control panel to a PC.

A Napco tech support guy once told me a procedure for defaulting the P1632.  It involved removing all power from the panel and then
shorting one of the pins to ground.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten the exact procedure.  It would probably be unwise to just short
things at random as there is a small voltage (that's what you're killing by shorting) in a cap circuit.  Perhaps Jim (aka Alarminex)
knows the specifics?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass