Re: Suggestion for box where alarm monitoring failovers from landline to cell phone - when landline is cut.

Robert L Bass wrote:

> He may be right.  Following are a few quotes from other folks about Slomins.  Decide for yourself.
>
> "june262004
> Member since 5/05
> 6821 total posts
> Name:
> Kristin
> Re: Security Systems...
> We have Protection One. No complaints. We signed with Slomins and cancelled cause they failed to mention the 5 year Lein they put on
> your house"
>

> "Diana1215
> Member since 10/05
> 3170 total posts
> Name:
> Diana
> Re: Security Systems...
> I had a Slomins guy come to give us a quote on an Alarm System....I was soooooo turned off on the salesman I couldn't wait for him
> to get out of my house..."

<snip>

It appears to me that the referenced websites allow anyone to post
anything they pretty well want.  Andy Bowman (an online competitor) had
a similar experience with some entries in his "guestbook".  He
back-tracked the orginating IP addresses and found they were *yours*!

You recognize these?

"First guest book entry:

(1) Full Name
tester
(2) E-Mail Address
alarmser...@xxxxxxx
(3) Home Page URL
www.alarmservicesinc.com
(4) Home Page Title
(5) Date (system)
4/25/02
(6) Time (system)
3:07 AM
(7) IP Address (system)
68.56.141.54
(8) Comments
test

The second one:

A new post has arrived with he following information:

(1) Full Name
Badenov
(2) E-Mail Address
Nomen Nescio <nob...@xxxxxxxxx>
(3) Home Page URL
none
(4) Home Page Title
(5) Date (system)
4/25/02
(6) Time (system)
3:11 AM
(7) IP Address (system)
68.56.141.54
(8) Comments
Terrible service! Ordered from this store and got a real run around.
Overpaid for good and got no service."