Re: Suggestion for box where alarm monitoring failovers from landline to cell phone - when landline is cut.

I think the trouble in the first place is the customer suspects he is
getting poor customer service or value for the dollar he is spending with
his current provider for some reason. I am not familiar with the company you
mention so I don't know if that is typical or not. I have spent far more
time than quoted getting wireless back up systems to work properly and
sometimes feel lucky if I break even. I suspect you may have too. I don't
see them as a big revenue source but more of an extra service to a customer
that wants one. I have not installed that many personally, probably 50 if I
were to count. Unfortunately not 50 of one type or brand. There is (old)
Radionics Radio, (older) Adcor, DSC Skyroute, Telugard, Alarnet C. Uplink,
etc. Now because of the AMPS sunset thing I have an additional dozen or so
Uplink 1500s to swap out and get back for credit before Nov 6, 2006.
Although the concept of wireless backup is simple enough, of all the items
that are easy for an end user to install this whole product category
probably isn't one. I almost always end up with a butt set in one ear
checking signals and a cell phone in the other with tech support, especially
if there is a silent panic or medical to send. I noticed many folks posting
with free legal advice. Would a real lawyer post here giving free advice?
Who goes to a plumber to get their teeth fixed? I don't believe adding
contract disputes and lawyers to the mix is very helpful. Especially since I
think in the original post someone was looking for a simple equipment
suggestion. Perhaps a "after checking your attorney to see if your contract
allows this" you may wish to try (fill in the blank) product. I suspect by
now the poor cutomer has left this thread shaking his head convinced no one
posting here has any idea of what they are talking about.