Re: Suggestion for box where alarm monitoring failovers from landline to cell phone - when landline is cut.

>I think the trouble in the first place is the
> customer suspects he is getting poor
> customer service or value for the dollar
> he is spending with his current provider
> for some reason....

He may be right.  Following are a few quotes from other folks about Slomins.  Decide for yourself.

"june262004
Member since 5/05
6821 total posts
Name:
Kristin
Re: Security Systems...
We have Protection One. No complaints. We signed with Slomins and cancelled cause they failed to mention the 5 year Lein they put on
your house"

"Diana1215
Member since 10/05
3170 total posts
Name:
Diana
Re: Security Systems...
I had a Slomins guy come to give us a quote on an Alarm System....I was soooooo turned off on the salesman I couldn't wait for him
to get out of my house..."

The above are from:
http://www.lifamilies.com/chat/topic.aspx?&P=1&ID=23004#P319373

"Slomins Alarm Systems

Senior Scam DVD
DVD helps seniors avoid telemarketing scams. Order now!
www.consumeraffairs.org/dvds/

"Wayne of New Castle DE (07/06/06)
I disconnected my landline phone in May 2005. We were not aware that this would stop the signal from going to the monitoring center.
In November 2005, the alarm went off twice due to a bad wind storm. We were then informed that the system was searching for a
landline. So we thought our home was being monitored but it was not. Slomin's never contacted us to tell us there was a problem and
that they were not receiving a signal from our home.
So I called Verizon and installed a new landline phone service. Slomin's then told me that the system was still not working and that
I needed to pay for a service call of $79.00 per hour to have the service fixed. I then asked to be disconnected from the security
system and they told me to do it in writing. Which I did in December 2005. Then they sent me a bill for $1257.25 for a disconnection
fee. I told them they could come get the equipment from my home but they never came to get it. So now they are suing me for the
money which I feel they are the ones that broke the contract first by not contacting me when they were not receiving a signal.
Slomin is suing me and I can't afford to pay for something especially when I am receiving nothing in return."

This came from:
http://consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/slomins.html

"Another favorite word among marketers is "free," even when it's not entirely accurate, reader Leo Powelstock of Oradell points out.
Powelstock, a former president of the Better Business Bureau for Bergen, Passaic and Rockland Counties was alarmed by a recent
newspaper ad for The Slomin's Shield in which key information "is conspicuous by its absence."
"How much does our advanced home security system cost you?" the ad asks in large, boldface type. "It's FREE!" it answers itself, in
even larger type.
But it's not free. The small type near the bottom of the ad tells consumers that a five-year monitoring agreement is required.
And what does that cost? It doesn't say, so I called the toll-free number. The customer service rep said she wasn't sure - her job
appeared to be to gather information to arrange a call from the company's sales rep - but, after checking with a supervisor, came up
with $25.45 per month if you sign a five-year agreement.
Do the math, and you find the "free" system will cost $1,527."
From:
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkyNzgmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY2NDU5ODImeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk5

This one resulted in a lawsuit:
"[I] Implied Warranty Of Merchantability: U.C.C. § 2-314U.C.C. § 2-314 provides consumers with an implied warranty of
merchantability for products and has arisen in consumer lawsuits involving alarm and monitoring systems [ Cirillo v. Slomin's Inc.
[286]"