Re: Salesman Compensation

> Or in a lot of cases, customers simply forget how to use it. Most
> customers
> cant even seem to remember the make of panel they have let alone the
> model, and even further, all the wiz  bang features built in. I swear you
> could train some customers daily and they would still forget even the
> simplest of procedures.

Which is precisely why the DSC panels are perfect for most folks-

-Rolling code buffer; no need to "start over" or "clear" when a mistake is
made
-No "function" keys to confuse things; 4 digit code ON, 4 digit code OFF
-Auto-bypass of interior when E/E door not opened; doesn't get any simpler
for the end-user

If the panel is programmed properly by the installer for the user's needs,
the only thing they really have to remember is their 4 digit code. The vast
majority of my customers over the years have wanted (and in some cases
needed) one thing from their system- simplicity. Only a small percentage,
maybe 1-2%, have wanted or needed anything beyond the ability to easily
arm/disarm it. Of course, most of the extra features are there with the DSC
stuff, but they are invisible to the end-user. No wading through extraneous
menus or extra command keys to confuse Grandma, the babysitter, or the
cleaning people.