Salesman Compensation

I know this has come up here before but it never really gets answered.

How much do you pay a salesman in this industry?  I am thinking about paying
1,000 per month plus commission, cell phone and car allowance.  The
commission will be about 10-15% of the total sale amount.  What is everyones
opinions on this?  And what is everyone else doing?

James B