Re: Salesman Compensation

> Interestingly, there's a parallel to this in the online market.  Most of
> the
> online dealers seem to concentrate on selling cheaper stuff like DSC.
> Only a
> small percentage of online dealers try to market high end systems and
> almost
> none offer much in the way of commercial fire, high end intercoms and
> CCTV.
> Guess who gets the lion's share of that market.  :^)

I've worked in the high-end resi market, the middle-class resi market, and
industrial/heavy commercial. While DSC wasn't usually robust enough for the
higher end stuff insofar as features and capabilities are concerned, it has
proven itself to be very reliable and extremely user friendly. The DSC stuff
had at least as good a reliability rate as Ademco, Napco, etc., and is a
helluva lot cheaper and more user friendly, not to mention simple to
service. For any average sized home or small business, I always recommend
DSC.

I can afford any system I want, as can other family members. What do we all
use? DSC Power 832. (PC5010)