Re: x10 Help

"Frank Mc Alinden" <Frank.Mc.Alinden.2xm2bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hopefully you have a 1203c motherboard ...??

Phew!  The first time I (mis)read that I saw "hopefully you DON'T have a
1203C" because that's exactly what it says on the label for "Part Number."
That's good, I hope.

> Just watch plugging in the  tw523 ;-)....(dont bend pins like i did)  ....

I just examined the metal pins on the plug and they seem to extend a lot
further out than most jacks I've seen.  I'll consider myself duly warned but
it may not do any good.  I've broken far sturdier pins than that (PS/2
keyboard connectors, for one).

> Also ensure you get a decent regulated  9v power supply

I was going to use a Hwang unit that came from an old printer sharing box
but when I put it on the meter it read 15VDC even though the faceplate said
9VDC.   I hunted around a little and found a Radio Shack variable voltage
supply that put out 9 volts.  I realize that 15VDC is an unloaded reading,
but I thought I would err on the cautious side since lower voltage is less
likely to do damage than higher voltage.  I don't believe either one of them
is regulated so I might end up ordering one that CSI recommends.

>..........Its a great Controller IMO

Well, you and John seem to like them alot.  I like what I see so far.  I
would say it's like running the Ocelot with Homeseer (in terms of ease of
programming), but it doesn't require a 24x7 PC to achieve that.  Coupled
with the TV output, the overlay capability and add-ons like caller ID, it
looks to be a very nice, compact and highly capable product.  And since I
got it and a bunch of X-10 modules for less than 1/3 list price, I'm pretty
happy.  Considering my most recent Ebay experiences (a Nikon camera that had
to be turned off by removing the batteries because the power switch was
bad), I'm happy that it even booted up!  Hopefully it does more than just
boot up, but I haven't gotten around to actually hooking it up to a PC and

Bobby G.